Saturday, May 19, 2012




Chapter 7 & 8 Response


After reading through chapters 7 and 8, I was left feeling rather overwhelmed by all there is out there for transmitting information.  After recording our voice and adding the recording to our PLE, my initial thought was that I wasn't really thrilled with how my recording turned out.  We had some technical difficulties at the end, and I was left feeling dissatisfied with my results.  I considered taking it off and just re-recording it, but then I remember a reference to Audacity in the chapters.  Audacity is a nifty little tool that can edit audio.  I had been introduced to it before, but never had the patience to figure it out.  So I figured this would be a great topic for my screencast.

The screencast proved to be a whole different challenge, even more difficult than figuring out Audacity.  My browser was not cooperating, saying that I needed a Java runtime to use Screencast-o-matic.  After a couple hours trying to troubleshoot the issue, I resorted to using Quicktime which proved to be very easy. We are so fortunate to have so many options out there for the same project.  Unfortunately I had to take multiple takes, but I think what I ended up with works for the purpose of this assignment.

Screencasting is such a great tool and I could see using it to help explain homework on my website for my students or giving parents a guided tour of useful websites on the internet.  The more I  play with these tools in class, the more I can see how they can be used in education.  It's easy to ignore the technology that is out there, but honestly, the more we use it and the more our students use it, the better prepared they will be in the real world.

3 comments:

  1. nice work annmarie, you showed us two great features - editing and adding background music- clearly and simply. I see a great future in podcasting and screencasting ahead of you :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice work annmarie, you showed us two great features - editing and adding background music- clearly and simply. I see a great future in podcasting and screencasting ahead of you :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice work annmarie, you showed us two great features - editing and adding background music- clearly and simply. I see a great future in podcasting and screencasting ahead of you :0)

    ReplyDelete