Wednesday, May 23, 2012


Shane Robinson
ASL APPS

ASL APPS

I reviewed the app for Baby Sign and Learn. This app is exactly what I have been searching for. The students I am teaching ASL are at the cognitive level of an infant up to a toddler. I believe this form of technology and especially how user friendly it is will hold my students attention while they learn American Sign Language. I just hope they don’t break the IPAD.  The only down side is that the amount of sign language on the app is relatively low since it is a free app. Fortunately, this will not be a problem as my students are only able to learn one at a time over a good deal of time. What I like best about the app is the words they do choose to provide are relevant and helpful. 5-23-2012

I also downloaded Baby Sign Lite which unless you purchase it only contains 34 signs. The paid for app contains over two hundred signs. I like how it has a quiz you can take however I could not figure out how to make the app to be shown full screen version which would help engage the students I work with. Scratch that just found it in the lower right hand corner it shows a 2X.  

Downloaded a couple of flashcards deck apps to help me study facts and found them to be user unfriendly. For one I had to be apart of a website called quizlet.com. Shouldn't be this hard to create custom flashcards from an app. Probably user error...

No comments:

Post a Comment