Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Scrrencast



I found Flcker to be a very useful source whether it be educational or personal.  What I especially appreciated about it was being able to search images and come up with quality results (at least this was my experience) rather than using Google images where one often ends up with odd-ball images that have no relation to one’s search.  What I enjoyed about Flcker was the ability to annotate photos, find and use other’s photos, and geotagging was definitely an added benefit. 

I am a bit timid about the idea of using podcasting, videos, and screencasting but there were several benefits I ran into throughout chapter 8 which support the use in the educational setting.  Getting kids to start their own radio, movies, shows, is an incredible idea! I think this is something we dreamed about and pretended to do during our childhood!  If only my boys knew about this! (Okay maybe I should share it with them J)  Some of the ideas that Richardson lends in this chapter that I found useful were: enlisting native speakers from around the world to tell stories that their students respond to, narrate labs/experiments to document their process, create pod tours for back to school night, and for teachers to record small messages for parents to listen to or provide board meetings for students and parents to listen to if they were unable to attend (Richardson, 117).  Other ideas were to create training videos, annotate their voices, and narrating stories with accompanying photos or visuals.  All of these are fabulous ideas for getting students used to public speaking, communication, hearing and watching themselves, and of course having fun and being creative!  

No comments:

Post a Comment